One of the worst fears for a home owner is that you will find mold growing inside the house. Mold can be a difficult problem to deal with and should only be removed by a professional mold inspector to ensure that is completely removed and doesn't return. Mold is extremely harmful to humans and can lead to many different health complications if it is left to grow and spread inside a house. Here are three signs that you could have a mold issue and should call a mold inspector.

Bad Odor

When mold is growing inside the house, there will often be a bad smell associated with that area of the home. Mold produces gasses that will omit a musty or sour smelling odor. Inhaling these gasses can be harmful to your health, as many of the gasses omitted by mold are toxic and can result in a wide range of medical problems such as difficulty breathing, joint pain, headaches, and other respiratory infections. The smell is a warning sign that mold is growing and needs to be dealt with before it spreads throughout the rest of the home.

Black Spots Appeared on the Walls, Carpets, or Windows

Mold will often take visual shape in the form of black spots or marks on the walls, carpets, or around openings like the window trim. If you can see these black spots, mold has been growing for quite some time and is now beginning to spread. Mold needs moisture and warmth as the ideal conditions to grow, which is why you will most likely find it in a damp basement, attic, under the sink, or around a window with a draft.

Water Stains

If you have had a leak inside the home or have one and don't know about it, you most likely have mold growing. Hard water stains or discoloration of the ceilings or walls is a sign that mold has begun to set into the wet conditions. Water damage will also show visible signs with peeling paint or walls that look like they are bulging or bowed. If these conditions are showing, then mold is likely growing in behind the wall or on the surface where the water has leaked.

If any of the signs outlined above start to show inside your home you should immediately call for a mold inspector to come and have a look at the area in question.

Share